A forgotten path
But that may be historically prior to French Way
Points of interest
Grand Bayonne is the most neighborhood The city's commercial as well as its historical heart. Here you will find the Cathedral of Santa María, which dominates the panorama of the city. The construction of this Gothic cathedral began in 1213 but was not completed until the 17th century (with the exception of the north tower, completed in the 19th century). Next to the cathedral is the cloister Flamboyant Gothic style and dating back to 1240. It is one of the largest cloisters in France.
Cathedral of Mary Immaculate-Vitoria
The construction of the Cathedral of Mary Immaculate began in 1907 under the order of the then bishop of Vitoria, Monsignor José Cadena y Eleta.
Although the ceremony to lay the first stone was a great celebration in which even the king participated, the works stopped only 7 years later, with the project budget exceeded and the arrival of a new bishop.
Construction was not resumed until 1946, several years after the end of the Spanish Civil War. The works continued little by little and, although the cathedral never finished, the building was consecrated and opened to the public in 1969.
Briviesca main square
Briviesca Square is the nerve center of the city and meeting point for its citizens.
Stresses the temple, unmistakable symbol of Briviesca that was built in 1909 and completely restored in 1983.
La Holy Church Cathedral Metropolitan Basilica of Santa Maria It is a cathedral temple of Catholic worship dedicated to the Virgin Mary, in the Spanish city of Burgos.
Its construction began in the year 1221, following French gothic patterns. It had very important modifications in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries: the needles of the main facade, the Condestable chapel and the dome of the cruise, elements of the flamboyant Gothic that give the temple its unmistakable profile. The last important works (the sacristy or the chapel of Santa Tecla) belong to the eighteenth century, a century in which the Gothic covers of the main facade were also modified. The construction and subsequent remodeling were done with limestone extracted from the quarries of the towns of Hontoria de la Cantera and Cubillo del Campo.